Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pro-Valentine's Day 2012!


(Click images for a bigger version!)

So.... this blog, optimistically embarked upon as a face of the day type of thing so I, and others, can track my work and progress and tastes and stuff... has become a face of the whenever-I-damn-well-feel-like-it. Sorry about that, I actually do feel kind of bad. As if anyone reads this!
Anyway, a FB group I recently became a part of, "Never Too Much Sparkle," does these weekly showcase things where a theme is presented, and you can do your own variation or take on that theme. This week, you could pick pro or anti-Valentine's day and do a makeup look based on that.




Mine is obviously pro. We have the pinks, purples, and even a little electric blue in here, because I would feel weird about doing a look that is toooooo soft and pretty.





I like mugging for the camera, can you tell?? :D

I wasn't able to take a photo of the products I used, unfortunately, but I will list them:

Face:
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff 150 (just purchased a new bottle, woohoo!!)
Physician's Formula Happy Booster blush in Natural (SO CUTE, and what's more Valentine-y than a blush with multicolored embossed hearts??? not a lot)

Eyes:
E.l.f. eye primer
Urban Decay Naked palette shadows (Virgin and Sin, inner corner and next little bit of lid)
Detrivore eyeshadows in Sexualis and Psychopathia (super blended out so it's hard to see, in outer half of lid and crease)
Sugarpill eyeshadow in Poison plum (very sheer in crease, blended out onto browbone)
LORAC baked eyeshadow, shimmery white as highlight
Urban Decay liquid eyeliner in Radium (tasty!!!!)
Maybelline Lash Stiletto black mascara

Lips:
I started the day using a wet n' wild pink lipliner and Urban Decay Ultraglide lip gloss in Quiver, but by the time I took these photos I was wearing Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me. In 1 or 2 pictures I was also wearing Urban Decay Pocket Rocket lipgloss in Jesse.
I am a huge Urban Decay fangirl, can you tell?

So obvi, lips just had to be some semblance of pink or whatever.


I hope that being a member of that Facebook group will encourage me to update this blog more regularly. I've actually finished 3 months of school at the Blanche Macdonald Centre in Vancouver, BC, which is an awesome makeup school. I'm learning so much, I just need to remember to have my camera on me in class so I can document my work!

All right. Thanks for reading this if you have, and have a grand Valentine's day if I don't see you before then :)

<3 Ursula

No comments:

Post a Comment