Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sunset Eyes!



Title is pretty cheesy, but this is how a girl in my class described my eyes for this day, so that's what I'm rolling with.
I started off with some cream-colored shimmery shadow on the very inner corner and as a brow bone highlight...I think I used "Virgin" from the UD Naked palette.
Then, using Detrivore's Afterworld, a nice shiny yellow-gold, and Death Valley, a rich, tropical pink shimmer, I created the lid colors (I really like how Death Valley makes almost an orange color when blended with the gold... and given my knowledge of color theory this makes sense. So yeah).
I then used Sacred, a shimmery violet color for the outer lid and crease area.
Obvi some black liquid liner. Didn't feel like smudging any pencils this day.



I've noticed that I use a similar color placement for most of my day to day makeup. It's just the way that I can most easily achieve a seamless blend. And I guess when I'm getting ready in the morning, it's easier to go for something that I KNOW works for me, than be all adventurous and then come up with something wonky.

Other Products:

Face:
Revlon ColorStay foundation, 150 Buff
Tarte Bronzer, Hotel Heiress

Eyes:
UDPP as a base, other products described above
Maybelline Lash Stiletto, Black

Lips:
Nothing in this picture, but I later added MAC Chromeglass in Uberpeach

Eyebrows:
Urban Decay matte e/s in Shakedown

Thanks for reading, and a happy makeup play to you!

<3 Ursula


No comments:

Post a Comment